- Chicken thighs
- Garam Masala - Chilli powder
- Ground Cumin
- Garlic Powder - Tomato Paste
- Coconut cream
- Homemade tomatoes OR tinned
- Veges (optional) I used carrot, courgette, capsicum, and mushroom
- Rice (optional to serve)
1. Chop the tomatoes and onions and cook on low for the tomato base (skip this step if using tinned). Don't forget to keep stirring this until you add it to your main mix so it doesn't burn.
2. Make the spice mix - 1 tsp Garam Masala, 3/4 tsp Ground Cumin, 1/2 tsp Chilli powder, 1/2 tsp Turmeric, 2 tsp garlic powder.
3. Cook the spice mix in dry fry pan on low for 30 secs or until it smells strong
4. Add generous blob of tomato paste and water if needed. This will turn paste consistency
5. Reserve the paste.
6. You want your heat back up medium-high now. Add oil to pan and diced chicken. I used thighs, breast is fine or you can use chickpeas to make it vegan instead. Chop your veges while your chicken cooks.
7. Once chicken is browned add paste back in to coat.
8. Add in veges and stir. Cook for a further 5 or so minutes to semi cook the veges. They will further cook when curry is simmering.
9. Add in tomatoes (tinned or homemade) and stir.
10. Add in coconut cream and leave to simmer, lower the heat for this.
11. Put your rice on.
12. Serve and enjoy!